We look forward to seeing you at this year's Annual Chicken BBQ Dinner Event. This event is open to both members and non-members.
As I mentioned in my President’s Message in the Spring 2015 Newsletter, we have made changes in our Social Event. Originally it was the Annual Fish Fry but after reviewing the findings from the survey we sent out last year we decided to embrace some of the suggestions.
This year we are changing the venue to the St. James Major Catholic Church to ensure that we have plenty of room so that people can sit and socialize for a while instead of having a meal and having to leave to give others the opportunity due to limited space. We have acquired a live band – The Kingmakers to provide live music, we will be hosting a wine and beer cash bar, a silent auction and the meal has changed to allow more side dish options and is provided by Temple’s and Taste: (web site http://www.templesandtaste.com/). Wine has aquired from Pelee Island Winery and we have 2 types of white and 2 types of red.
Temple’s and Taste is providing the following meal:
- Maple Bourbon BBQ chicken skewers rubbed with Cajun spice and glazed maple bourbon BBQ Sauce
(Adult:2 skewers, 8 oz white breast chicken, Children: 1 skewer)
- Green Mixed Salad with Balsamic vinaigrette: carrot, tomato, radish, cucumber, blueberries
- Pasta Salad: green peas, roasted red pepper, parmesan and herb vinaigrette
- Temple’s buttermilk biscuit: made by them with butter provided
- Dessert: Temple’s assorted cookies & brownies: made in house
The Kingmakers are Ottawa Canada’s original ice-cold rockabilly combo! They play a high-octane mix of rockabilly, jump jive, hillbilly boogie and good old rock and roll which appeals to all ages and is guaranteed to get your toes tapping. The band recorded at legendary SUN Studio - the birthplace of rock and roll in Memphis Tennessee, as well as Cowboy Jack Clement’s studio in Nashville, and Hi-Style Studio in Chicago. The Kingmakers also played at the Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekender Festival this year in fabulous Las Vegas Nevada, as well as the Ottawa Jazz Festival.
Check them out http://www.kingsmakers.ca and follow them on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kingmakers.
Tickets are available for purchase:
- at the Pharmasave Sharbot Lake Pharmacy,
- Mike Dean’s Super Food Store (customer service counter) in Sharbot Lake, OR
- through SLPOA by request to Joyce Waller (firstname.lastname@example.org). Make your cheques payable to SLPOA and mail to SLPOA, P.O. Box 333, Sharbot Lake, Ontario K0H 2P0.
Your tickets will be waiting for you at the entrance to the event.
- PRICE: $16.00 per Adult, $10.00 per Child, Children under 6 eat free.
Sharbot Lake Property Owners' Association