Chapter 1: Sharbot Lake

admin
Site Admin

Chapter 1: Sharbot Lake

Post by admin » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:18 am

Originally posted by Rem Westland - 01/10/2013

This is where we describe the Lake in all of its dimensions (location, surface area, depth, background in both geological and human time, condition at the time our Story began, and so on. This would be the place to describe the bird, fish, and animal life supported by the Lake, the watershed of the Lake, development, and whatever else may be of interest and relevant
--
SLPOA Forum Administrator

admin
Site Admin

Re: Chapter 1: Sharbot Lake

Post by admin » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:19 am

originally posted by Robin Elizabeth - 23/02/2014

I think this is a fabulous idea. If we can tell the Sharbot Lake story in more human and feeling terms, while working science into the mix, then it might create more intense community engagement and pride in keeping the lake healthy. How do you suggest we begin?
--

admin
Site Admin

Re: Chapter 1: Sharbot Lake

Post by admin » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:20 am

Originally posted by Rem Westland - 25/02/2014

My suggestion is that readers take a look at each of the chapters, decide which one(s) they have an interest in, and dive in (so to speak). The input can be in the form of a question, asking that someone who knows the answer to propose a reply; or, the input can be substantive based upon what the reader knows or wants others to confirm. As editor of the project my plan is to review inputs every once in a while (monthly, at a minimum) and redraft the text so that the inputs are taken into account. At some stage this approach may become unwieldy (too much input?) but that won't be for a few years yet...
--